PDA

View Full Version : Wounded rapper Fabolous arrested in NYC

dremarshall
10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
NEW YORK - A Manhattan parking lot shooting early Tuesday left rapper Fabolous wounded and under arrest after police found two loaded weapons in a car carrying him and his entourage, authorities said.

The 28-year-old rapper, whose legal name is John Jackson, had just left Justin's, a restaurant owned by Sean "Diddy" Combs, with three friends when a gunman approached and opened fire, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Wysokowski said.

Fabolous was hit in the thigh. He and his entourage jumped into a 2005 Dodge Magnum and fled, attracting the attention of police when they ran a red light. Officers stopped them and discovered two semiautomatic pistols in the vehicle, both of which were apparently unlicensed, Wysokowski said.

Fabolous was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a defaced firearm, police said. Arrested on the same charges were Kevin Bass, 18, Percell German, 23, and Rascharm Davis, 29, all of Brooklyn.

All four deny ownership of the weapons.

The rapper was treated at Bellevue Hospital. Police were searching for the shooter.

Fabolous' attorney, Alberto A. Ebanks, called his client a victim and said he didn't know why police held him.

"He's been shot, Ebanks said. I don't know why he's under arrest. Obviously he didn't shoot anyone."

The Brooklyn native's hits have included "Breathe" and "Can't Deny It." He recently took part in the taping of the VH1 Hip Hop Honors, which were to air Tuesday evening.

An e-mail seeking comment from a representative at Def Jam Recordings was not returned Tuesday. The label is producing the rapper's upcoming solo album, due out in December, according to Fabolous' Web page on MySpace.com.

jnorman888
10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
NEW YORK - A Manhattan parking lot shooting early Tuesday left rapper Fabolous wounded and under arrest after police found two loaded weapons in a car carrying him and his entourage, authorities said.

The 28-year-old rapper, whose legal name is John Jackson, had just left Justin's, a restaurant owned by Sean "Diddy" Combs, with three friends when a gunman approached and opened fire, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Wysokowski said.

Fabolous was hit in the thigh. He and his entourage jumped into a 2005 Dodge Magnum and fled, attracting the attention of police when they ran a red light. Officers stopped them and discovered two semiautomatic pistols in the vehicle, both of which were apparently unlicensed, Wysokowski said.

Fabolous was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a defaced firearm, police said. Arrested on the same charges were Kevin Bass, 18, Percell German, 23, and Rascharm Davis, 29, all of Brooklyn.

All four deny ownership of the weapons.

The rapper was treated at Bellevue Hospital. Police were searching for the shooter.

Fabolous' attorney, Alberto A. Ebanks, called his client a victim and said he didn't know why police held him.

"He's been shot, Ebanks said. I don't know why he's under arrest. Obviously he didn't shoot anyone."

The Brooklyn native's hits have included "Breathe" and "Can't Deny It." He recently took part in the taping of the VH1 Hip Hop Honors, which were to air Tuesday evening.

An e-mail seeking comment from a representative at Def Jam Recordings was not returned Tuesday. The label is producing the rapper's upcoming solo album, due out in December, according to Fabolous' Web page on MySpace.com.

That's why you can't buy your guns off the street. When you are in public you gotta be licensed.

dremarshall
10-18-2006, 11:43 AM
That's why you can't buy your guns off the street. When you are in public you gotta be licensed.

I know right, at least it's not life threatening. My ? is though why if cats got all this bread, and want your homies to pack heat, go get a license. One thing I learned about the "hood" and being in the game for some time now, is that cats ain't dumb. If you can get it legal, get it that way it's one less charge against you.

joseph29
10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
1st camron, than beans, now fab; wow i wonder who's the next rapper who to get shot in an extremity

Shirverlion
10-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I know right, at least it's not life threatening. My ? is though why if cats got all this bread, and want your homies to pack heat, go get a license. One thing I learned about the "hood" and being in the game for some time now, is that cats ain't dumb. If you can get it legal, get it that way it's one less charge against you.
Yeah, but most rappers roll with fellons that can't get them legit.

Shock~Therapy
10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
pffft....
this is the same story different rapper. I've really felt disconnected with the rap scene since I gave up listening to secular music in 01'. It's amazing how far the whole rap game has transgressed into total debauchery within the span of a decade. That is not to say it was good before, but now the sinful lifestyle is more glorified than ever before. The thing is that this rep will actually help him sell more albums... imagine that.

chngdwumn
10-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah check this out I heard on the radio that jeezy is putting out some albums and doing extra recording in case he's killed. Wow,the crazy thing is that these dudes don't fear death and they except this as a reality which it is w/o Christ. But, I mean even if u not saved u still wanna know where u go. Another thing is when they die they think it;s heaven we go-so backwards man i wish i could talk to some of these dudes as we no death is no joke and they're numb to the realty yo we got's some praying to do ppl. I feel like crying out for these cats 4real

Follow God, Not Man
04-29-2007, 09:20 PM
To Add To The List : Fabolous Got Shot In The Thigh !!

apokalum
04-29-2007, 09:32 PM
you upped this mega old thread....why?

WhyMe
04-29-2007, 09:32 PM
To Add To The List : Fabolous Got Shot In The Thigh !!

LOL, I didn't check the date on the post, and I was like why Fabolous always gettin' shot in the thigh!:)

Follow God, Not Man
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
you upped this mega old thread....why?

Flame "Goodness to Repentance" !! :D

LOL, I didn't check the date on the post, and I was like why Fabolous always gettin' shot in the thigh!:)

LOLLLL!!!

apokalum
04-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Flame "Goodness to Repentance" !! :D

LOLLLL!!!

Im still lost..:confused:

Follow God, Not Man
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Im still lost..:confused:

Flame says in one of his line : "To add to the list : Fabolous got shot in the thigh !"

:D

apokalum
04-29-2007, 10:29 PM
hmm....ok..i guess :o

I think i pre ordered the album with da truth dvd so i wont get it till it drops..

Follow God, Not Man
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
hmm....ok..i guess :o

I think i pre ordered the album with da truth dvd so i wont get it till it drops..

;) ... bring back the thread alive when you'll get the CD ... HAHA !!

BlackCalvinist
04-29-2007, 10:57 PM
See, I'm glad I thought to check the date.

and when I saw it, I was like 'Dang, didn't he already get shot in the thigh ?'