PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Stellar Award Nominations

DJ D-Lite
10-18-2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.gospelflava.com/stellar/stellarnoms-2007.html

The Urban & Hip Hop areas are improving, slightly...

LaRosa
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
yeah, saw that yesterday... cool to see CMR... never heard of the other 2... but whatever...

lj.

StreetSermonz
10-18-2006, 10:18 AM
at least Da T.R.U.T.H. and Lecrae are nominated, would be interesting if neither of them won. They should put together a board specifically for HHH consisting of people within the HHH industry and real-deal listeners.

jeyjey34
10-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Who would I vote for: Da Truth vs. Lecrae

hmmm....

tough to choose:)

eve
10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
hmmm ...

i doubt the Stellar people would have nominated anyone in hip hop prior to hearing at least most of what came out in the genre this year. neverthtless, for this year's incrdible releases, i would have nominated:

* Trip Lee
* Stephen the Levite
* R-Swift
* LeCrae

jeyjey34
10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
hmmm ...

i doubt the Stellar people would have nominated anyone in hip hop prior to hearing at least most of what came out in the genre this year. neverthtless, for this year's incrdible releases, i would have nominated:

* Trip Lee
* Stephen the Levite
* R-Swift
* LeCrae

I would guess that Trip Lee, Stephen the Levite, and R-Swift wouldn't be eligible for this award because they weren't released by the cut off deadline.

That's why they have Da Truth's 1st cd nominated instead of The Faith.

Redeemed
10-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I would have nominated:

shai linne's "The Solus Christus Project"
tim brindle's "Killin Sin"
Phanatik's "Amazing Race"
Redeemed Thought's "Truth Beauty Goodness"

zacchaeus
10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
it's like they don't have anyone on board who knows anything much about HHH in its totality

Shock~Therapy
10-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Rap/Hip Hop Gospel CD of the Year

Da' T.R.U.T.H.; Cross Movement Records Presents... Da' T.R.U.T.H. ; Cross Movement Records
Lecrae; Real Talk ; Cross Movement Records
DaCapo (Emmanuel O. Edili); Simply DaCapo II:II ; True Life Jazz
Various; Future Leaders Outreach Network Presents... Pursue Your Dreams; R.O.U. Records

... hmmm they seem to be a couple years behind. Both Lecrae and Da Truth's cds mentioned are from 04'.

Enlighten
10-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Not bad pray either Crae' or Truth win

Peace

Elekt
10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
thank God, i got tired of seeing lil irocc every year.

jeyjey34
10-18-2006, 02:57 PM
thank God, i got tired of seeing lil irocc every year.

And DC Talk and Grits.

mr808
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
at least Da T.R.U.T.H. and Lecrae are nominated, would be interesting if neither of them won. They should put together a board specifically for HHH consisting of people within the HHH industry and real-deal listeners.

Such has been suggested for about the last 8-9 years or so :D

ZestD
10-18-2006, 07:46 PM
So what parent company or label is behind these awards? Nothing but east coast kats. Obvious by the selections that these are chosen by a small group of guys out there.

ZestD
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
So what parent company or label is behind these awards? Nothing but east coast kats. Obvious by the selections that these are chosen by a small group of guys out there.

Bump and discuss.

ZestD
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Ignoring the pink elephant?

illuminaticx
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM

Da' T.R.U.T.H.; Cross Movement Records Presents... Da' T.R.U.T.H. ; Cross Movement Records
Various; Future Leaders Outreach Network Presents... Pursue Your Dreams; R.O.U. Records

... hmmm they seem to be a couple years behind. Both Lecrae and Da Truth's cds mentioned are from 04'.

Yea, they've come along way tho. They've been using BB Jay albums for the longest...lol.

I'm just happy to see some familiar names in the bunch.

J =]

joseph29
10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
why are they nominating albums from 2 years ago? There's no way that da Truth's last album couldn't make the cut off; it dropped in late 2005.

Elekt
10-19-2006, 06:16 PM

yo thats a ministry I had the joy of being a part of for a short time....thats based out of KC.....KC ON THE MAP!!..lol

JDWhyte
04-12-2009, 05:27 PM
And DC Talk and Grits.

lol..

DC Talk... I never even considered them hip-hop...
more like a funky pop...

I did like Grits' latest album though, for a while they kinda fell off...

I wonder what's up with T-Bone, you never hear much about that dude anymore...